We are so excited to announce that The Royal Chundu Shop is now live and online!
Our love for Chitenge Tablescapes spans many years and has only deepened the more we’ve played with designs and shared our dining tables with lovely guests. Friends and travellers have often asked us where they can find their own Chitenge tablesetting items.
Now, we’ve joined forces with the seamstresses, weavers and woodworkers of the Zambezi River region around us at Royal Chundu, to share our favourite Chitenge patterns and other Zambian creations with you – in unique collections of Hand-carved Doorbells, Cushion covers and Tablesetting sets that include items carved from wood and and woven from reeds.
These handmade wares tell a story and empower small local business women and men in Zambia, while infusing your home, meal times and gifts with that special Zambezi touch and spirit.
For more information, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR ONLINE SHOP HERE > and get in touch if you have any media or shop queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connecting you with the patterns and makers of Zambia
The Zambezi Businessladies
We have been working for many years with local artisans close to Royal Chundu, in the villages around us or in the town of Livingstone ~ including women who have empowered themselves through small businesses, making and selling Chitenge designs and other traditional crafts, such as reed mats and baskets. These are the women behind our shop!
The Men Making & Shaking
Many incredible men around Royal Chundu have created items to accompany the tablesettings, such as napkin holders! Mabi, who lives in the Malambo Village next to us, is the incredible artist behind our hand-carved and beaded Zambezi doorbells.
The Zambezi Influencers
We have expanded our reach of artists and suppliers to incorporate more of the families who continue to inspire us with their can-do, will-do, never-give-up spirit and the love and passion with which they create their goods, here on the banks of the Zambezi River in Zambia.
As our shop grows so will our collections available to order. In addition to our tablesettings, you can also purchase cushion covers in different Chitenge designs! Take a look at the different fabrics to see which you fancy most!
Once you’ve visited our shop, enter our #ChitengeChallenge COMPETITION!
Stand a chance to WIN a 3 night stay for 2 people sharing at Royal Chundu – for travel in 2021.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Order your Tablesetting through our online shop: https://royal-chundu.myshopify
2. Snap & share photos of your own tablesetting designs at home, using the patterns and creations purchased from our Zambezi makers, on social media tagging @royalchundu #royalchundustory / or mail us at email@example.com.
3. Share your photos / videos between now and the end of the year – 31 December 2020.
4. The * most sensational Tablesetting * shared with us wins ~ judgement is based on the decision of our Royal Chundu Judges and the winner will be announced on 1 January 2021!
5. Now welcome in! Join us… walk through the corridors of our Chitenge market created by the seamstresses, weavers and carvers of the Zambezi region around Royal Chundu! Find your Chitenge Cheer and order your tablesettings, tablecloths, cushion covers and hand-carved doorbells ~ for your home or for a loved one! Gift vouchers are available too.
Thank you for all of your interest and support in our new endeavour to connect you with the patterns & makers of Zambia!
Please feel free to contact us for any queries or drop us a message here >
Tel: +27 76 211 5371